CyberTruck competitor Chevy Silverado EV looks pretty good

DallasCyberTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TOYOTA TUNDRA
Country flag
Dallas Auto Show was nice. Lots of EVs and I got to ride in the F150 Lightening. Snaps your head back into the headrest FAST. If the Ford is that fast, I can only imagine what the CT can do !

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck competitor Chevy Silverado EV looks pretty good 24D29991-751F-4518-B355-D55F26ADEF62

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck competitor Chevy Silverado EV looks pretty good BA3741A7-0FC0-4672-8DCE-E1368ED25F07
Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck competitor Chevy Silverado EV looks pretty good CE2E3CDD-E4A7-4F16-A76B-4118D5E4178F
Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck competitor Chevy Silverado EV looks pretty good 6284FEEA-0416-4FF0-95F3-5C476D07996E
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I prefer the look of the Chevy over the Rivian.
But the Chevy has really pulled out all the stops with the bed length extension options, with the midgate and tail gate stop! I hope CT keeps up.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
My Avalanche… cabin appears the same size. I want space

All that dedicated drunk space…

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Not bad at all. Just from a cursory look I'd say the Rivian has a better interior.

But overall, I agree that the Silverado looks better. I really want to see what their Trail Boss version looks like IRL.

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck competitor Chevy Silverado EV looks pretty good 2024-Chevrolet-Silverado-EV-Trail-Boss

Last edited:

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Thanks for sharing!! If it wasn't for CT, the Silverado or Rivian would have gotten my top pick.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Agreed, the Chevy Avalanche EV , err... Silverado EV looks good. I always liked the Avalanche, and was annoyed when gm spokespersons downplayed the clearly obvious design cues between the Silverado EV and the previous Avalanche whenever they were asked about it.

The batteries must weigh a lot, because the payload capacity is only 1300 pounds. That's less than the 2021 Ford Transit Connect at 1500 pounds which is built on a car chassis. Not impressive on gm's part.

Speaking of batteries, I wonder how robust the temperature management is on the new Ultium pack. I haven't seen any information on this yet.

Last edited:

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I had a 2013 Silverado which looked great on the outside, but I HATED the inside (poor quality, poor storage); both inside and out are now required for me, and as many have stated, the CT form is derived from its function, and I LOVE the way it looks.

Edit: If I may digress for a minute, long story short - after I got into a heated argument on youtube over Ford lightning vs CT. , and also reading comments on other channels where people say things like "holy crap - Hotwheels R/C CT this is a real thing being made by Tesla!?", I think it's safe to assume people just aren't educated about this truck, its awesomeness, or of its existence, and that's AFTER being one of the most Googled e-trucks.

Last edited:

EV Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Free market competition is an amazing thing. EVs are a designer's dream, a creative playground, freed from the constraints of ICE technology. I personally can't wait for a snub-nosed platform that maximizes cabin and truck bed space - pickup and van variant. It will be like a CT only with the cab more aggressively forward. The practical among us will flock to it, and before long it will be the new standard, and we'll look at today's pickup appearance ideal as an anachronism - maybe not all of us, but definitely our kids. Horseless carriages looked like carriages until they figured out they could make something better. First Teslas had fake grills. The design evolution will be quicker this time.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Free market competition is an amazing thing. EVs are a designer's dream, a creative playground, freed from the constraints of ICE technology. I personally can't wait for a snub-nosed platform that maximizes cabin and truck bed space - pickup and van variant. It will be like a CT only with the cab more aggressively forward. The practical among us will flock to it, and before long it will be the new standard, and we'll look at today's pickup appearance ideal as an anachronism - maybe not all of us, but definitely our kids. Horseless carriages looked like carriages until they figured out they could make something better. First Teslas had fake grills. The design evolution will be quicker this time.
The best vehicle space is a monospace, where everything is inside and it can be reconfigured as needed. Just keep it under 2m (6"6ft) high and wide and about 5.5m to 6m long. If done right you can even mostly stand up inside, so it can be a passenger or delivery van, tool or equipment hauler and a camper without any addons or attachments.

I really like the Tronish look of the EQS interior lighting. Merc interiors a typically nice but don't always age well.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
This was my pre CT vote.

Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck competitor Chevy Silverado EV looks pretty good 1647869985512

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I'll believe it when they build it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think the Silverado looks good except for this one thing. It still has that oversized pump shoe thing going on that the hummer has. Their skateboard platform is quite thick.

Looking at it here, the midgate looks super nice. Maybe if they ever make some in a reasonable price range I’ll take a look at one.
Sponsored

Last edited: