Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model X and 3
Occupation
PoPo
Country flag
Also another feature Elon mentioned was another varient of the Vault Door that was lined with Tesla Solarglass or solar panels that can recharge an estimated 15 kiles of range during daylight hours, perfect for going the little extra bit or keep the ac running or just keeping the battery from dropping slightly in the cold. And I think someone mentioned it, but also don't forget the Matte Black option. (Not my personal pick but still cool.) Anyone else have any thoughts or wishes about the color or what they'd choose?
I am assuming it is about 6kWh of energy (400 Wh/Mile) I pay $0.15 per kWh, so about $0.90 per day or about $200 per year in savings. Let's see what the charge is for it.... Unless I plan on long desert trips where emergency chargin might be needed, I'll pass north of $2k for the option.
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Someone good with drafting software should be able to figure it out fairly easy. I mean, you've got scale - it's 57" wide. From my paper model here at work and using pencil marks on a piece of paper, it looks like the width is 3 times the height with maybe one extra inch in there. So, I'd guess that the rear height is 56/3 = 18.6" high. The F150 is 22.4". I could be off, of course. But, I'd bet it's close to the F-150 if not exactly the same. (Yeah, that means I'd be off by 3.8" in height with my paper math)

The front is almost twice as deep - call it 38". Still, it would be nice to know for sure.

Here's My guess without a ruler - 18.6" in the back, 37.2" in the front.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I am assuming it is about 6kWh of energy (400 Wh/Mile) I pay $0.15 per kWh, so about $0.90 per day or about $200 per year in savings. Let's see what the charge is for it.... Unless I plan on long desert trips where emergency chargin might be needed, I'll pass north of $2k for the option.
Yeah, it'd be good to fight vampire losses while it's parked at the airport, though.

TiMan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
How does this compare side by side with a Toyota Sequoia?
(I'm anticipating some garage remodeling.)

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
The cybertruck size should remain the same as the prototype. The dimensions should not be changed because someone has a small garage. I have had large toys my whole life And the houses I have bought must have a large garage or I don’t buy it. I currently have a 4 car garage and my cybertruck will fit no problem

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
How does this compare side by side with a Toyota Sequoia?
(I'm anticipating some garage remodeling.)
You are looking at the CT being 26.7 inches longer than a second Gen Sequoia. The CT is narrower and shorter however.

Julien

First Name
Julien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Palisade, Honda Accord, Reserved Dual Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck confirmed specs / features list Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 11.20.45 AM

Cybertruck will have a windshield similar to the Model X; it will go up to almost above your head as you can see above Elon.

The sunroof is actually MASSIVE, probably 50% larger than the Y's, which is alredy huge.

It will also have mood lighting in the door panels, foot-wells, and bars on the sides above the doors.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck confirmed specs / features list Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 11.24.44 AM

The middle seats look very spacious, both Elon and Jay (especially Jay, no offense, of course) are full size adults and are spread out across the seats but there is still ample room in the middle.

The seats have nice white piping around them.

Now question time...

Where are the interior door handles?

Will the seats be more bolstered because they look quite stiff, especially the center ones.

Will the whole light bar light up in production? Or will the middle stay off like in the video?
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck confirmed specs / features list Screen Shot 2020-09-29 at 11.29.42 AM

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
this may be the wrong place to ask this question but I will anyway and then move if required.........

I have heard or read somewhere that Tesla will deliver the tri-motor first then the dual motor.......now I hear that they will deliver the dual motor first and then push out the tri-motor.....Is this true and what will it do for the delivery date and reservation numbers....thanks in advance

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
this may be the wrong place to ask this question but I will anyway and then move if required.........

I have heard or read somewhere that Tesla will deliver the tri-motor first then the dual motor.......now I hear that they will deliver the dual motor first and then push out the tri-motor.....Is this true and what will it do for the delivery date and reservation numbers....thanks in advance
Where did you hear that Tesla will be producing the dual motor 1st?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Where did you hear that Tesla will be producing the dual motor 1st?
I read it on one of the forums.....cant remember but I got my attention since I am at 44213 on the list....I could be mistaken or mis-read it...

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The release schedule on launch night was dual, single, tri. Elon has since noted that with the tri being so popular, they are considering releasing it first.

That might also mean they were giving the Trimotor design more time to mature, but they think it has now.

-Crissa

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
I read in a "blog" EV news letter ([email protected]), that the plant has "notified the county (not sure of US naming) that the plant will be ready for production; 1st May 2021! :)
I was told by the Tesla guy here that the dual motor would be first?
I would actually like the smaller version that has been mentioned. OZ parking spots are small!!

CyberDingo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual engine
Occupation
Farmer
Country flag
Forgot to mention that the article also said the 4680 battery has been in use for months????
Sponsored