Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch?

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
will sell all my Tesla stocks to get into the CT tri-motor.
Why would that result in a low tax bill?

Anyway, the answer is obvious; if you're not paying, you don't need the credit against what you would pay.
Sponsored

jqattan56

First Name
Jamal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanical Design Cosultant
Country flag
I just read where a guy posted that two of his friends worked on the Cybertruck during the development period.

He didn't reveal any Cybertruck inside info but did state that affordability and manufacturing simplicity were some of the key goals for the development team. He also stated that they spent a considerable amount of time durability testing the super hard SS exterior.
I have a design product to work with the CT. Check YouTube channel " getafix56 ", and you tell me.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I do not think so....it is what it says " Tax Credit"....not "Rebate".......It would be nice if it were a rebate because you get rate MONEY on the spot and reduce the sales price.......The TAX CREDIT come off of you tax bill at the end of the year, but the stipulation is that your tax liability must be equal to or greater than the tax credit.....For example: you owe $15,000 in federal tax at the end of the year.......you get the full $7,500 in TAX Credit". Now your tax bill is only $7,500.....and you will get a $7.500 refund.....

However, if your tax liability is only $3,500, you would apply the $7.500 to your tax bill......so you owe no tax and will get back $3,500 only; you lose the $4,000 leftover.......and I do not believe it can carry over to the next year........hope this helps
After the first of the year (2024), it will reduce the sales price at the time of sale. For most of us, thatā€™s the way itā€™ll be doneā€”get the credit at purchase time and settle later with the IRS.

Much of the rest of what you say is correct though because it is still a tax credit. I assume itā€™s just calculated into your taxes when you file at the end of the year (April 15th the following year).

Could result in some weird tax bills at the end of the year when people file for the credit and donā€™t qualify.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Many thanks. I am retired design engineer, and never paid more than 25K for a car, will sell all my Tesla stocks to get into the CT tri-motor. Have very low tax bill, what then?
The IRS will say. But remember it applies to taxes you had withheld, too, not just year-end taxes. And you'll have tax liability from selling off your stock.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
After the first of the year (2024), it will reduce the sales price at the time of sale. For most of us, thatā€™s the way itā€™ll be doneā€”get the credit at purchase time and settle later with the IRS.

Much of the rest of what you say is correct though because it is still a tax credit. I assume itā€™s just calculated into your taxes when you file at the end of the year (April 15th the following year).

Could result in some weird tax bills at the end of the year when people file for the credit and donā€™t qualify.
most creditable tax programs will have that built into their tax program......I think there is a separate form for the credit

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 āš”
Country flag
Price range is TOO MUCH!!

Questions.

When our number does come up are we able to ignore the invite and take a chance for later model that might be less in price?

Was budgeting on the $69k Tri motor.

Do we keep our order place if we wait or get kicked?

Tesla Cybertruck Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch? IMG_5568

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Price range is TOO MUCH!!

Questions.

When our number does come up are we able to ignore the invite and take a chance for later model that might be less in price?

Was budgeting on the $69k Tri motor.

Do we keep our order place if we wait or get kicked?

IMG_5568.jpeg
Yes, just donā€™t accept an invitation to configure.

You are a bit late to the complaint game but your lament is entirely understandable and shared by all. The prices were announced at the delivery event last November. Have you not been around all this time?

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Just scrolled through the first few pages of this subject, kind of funny in hindsight to see all the people guessing launch pricing to be 40-60k and now it is 100-120k double their guesses
Big jump from 40-60k and 250-500 miles of range to 100-120k and 300 miles of range

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 āš”
Country flag
Yes, just donā€™t accept an invitation to configure.

You are a bit late to the complaint game but your lament is entirely understandable and shared by all. The prices were announced at the delivery event last November. Have you not been around all this time?
No not complaining, I was reading new post of how the trucks are sitting around Austin and VINs not getting assigned? So with future purchase I was just wanting to ensure I wouldnā€™t loose place in line, as I didnā€™t budget for the new price and have to wait a little longer. lol.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Just scrolled through the first few pages of this subject, kind of funny in hindsight to see all the people guessing launch pricing to be 40-60k and now it is 100-120k double their guesses
Big jump from 40-60k and 250-500 miles of range to 100-120k and 300 miles of range
This initial specs for the dual motor trim are very close to the AWD trim so I am confused about what you are saying. The original range was 300+ and it came in at 310-340 (depending on whether an AWD or Beast and whether FS or not). The payload capacity dropped from 3,500 to 2,500 so that is different. The towing capacity went up to 11,000 pounds from 10,000. What is undeniable is the price increase from $49,900 to $79,900, but this has been known since November 30th last year. The Foundation Series added $20K but it also comes with extra stuff which I am sure that Tesla values at $20K or more.

I was one that held firmly to Tesla holding the prices to the unveiled pricing and it was a huge shock to me. I stand corrected and have my tail firmly between my legs (sorry, no hat to eat) but long ago came to grips with it all and will pull the trigger if I receive the invitation to configure.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
No not complaining, I was reading new post of how the trucks are sitting around Austin and VINs not getting assigned? So with future purchase I was just wanting to ensure I wouldnā€™t loose place in line, as I didnā€™t budget for the new price and have to wait a little longer. lol.
You have every right to complain or at least to be shocked, frustrated, etc.. There have been numerous reports of people asking Tesla what will happen if they forego the invitation for an FS, and though we are still on the 'wrong' side of non-FS configuration it makes sense that your RN will be honored when that time comes.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
It read like complaining.

BlueLightning

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 āš”
Country flag
It read like complaining.
Apologies, didnā€™t mean for it to seem that way as I was just answering the original question with known monetary fact. ā€œ Expected Cybertruck pricing / price at launch?ā€ TOO MUCH $. šŸ˜†
Sponsored