g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I thought it was funny it was read as manufacturing to start end of 23’, but the words in the article say the ramp is completed in end of 23’, which I would think means 200 a day minimum manufactured end of 23(which I think may be the case in reality).

media doesn’t know anything.

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The article didn't have any numbers to the mass production goal. So is it 1,000/week 3,000/week? Whatever their goal is for the end of '23, they still know they need to ramp up production after that. And I'm hoping I'm wrong, but my guess is that even at the end of '23 there will still be issues with supply chains and 4680 production. Still hoping to have my CT by the end of '24 but that is all it is. Looks like I'll be getting my MY in a couple weeks which is in the middle of the EDD guess they gave me in March. But they have been making them for some time now to give an educated guess on when they can deliver. Just hoping they give me an EDD 6-8 months out. The wait sure has been LONG!!!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The article didn't have any numbers to the mass production goal. So is it 1,000/week 3,000/week? Whatever their goal is for the end of '23, they still know they need to ramp up production after that. And I'm hoping I'm wrong, but my guess is that even at the end of '23 there will still be issues with supply chains and 4680 production. Still hoping to have my CT by the end of '24 but that is all it is. Looks like I'll be getting my MY in a couple weeks which is in the middle of the EDD guess they gave me in March. But they have been making them for some time now to give an educated guess on when they can deliver. Just hoping they give me an EDD 6-8 months out. The wait sure has been LONG!!!
The Tedlarati article said they expect to be ramped up by the end of 2023. Elon told the world that the full production of Cybertruck would be 250,000 per year, so the conclusion should be that their run rate will hit 5,000 per week by the end of 2023.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
That ‘article’ didn’t provide any new information. It was standard Teslarati click bait. Reuters should be ashamed.
This is almost exclusively why I hope for an end of year announcement of the configs and delivery est.

shut the people up.

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
... the conclusion should be that their run rate will hit 5,000 per week by the end of 2023.
Does anyone here think that is going to happen? I don't. My guess is < 45k CTs sold and delivered to the public in 23'. I also think more than 1/2 of the reservations will not follow through for various reasons. So Anyone with a reservation under the 100k mark has a shot next year. Just my opinion. (BTW I'm about 90k overall and I think 20k-ish for a CT3, but we really have no idea how the rollout is going to work.)

Last edited:

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Cybertruck is a “Watch”…

It’s TSLA second, arguably third, new EV platform in a storied EV career. Never underestimate a gullwing. But its unafraid to embrace “new” and every platform is a new challenge.

Unanswered questions have sifted down to ’wait and see’. Unwanted answers to single and quad motors turned all questions upside down. Will RN holders even be able to get the truck that they want?

Tesla-use of a variety of battery chemistries shadows a mixed message to what it will choose to power Cybertruck and at what cost to consumers. Then there is a bigger question ” how many reservations evaporate based on pricing that has changed”?

Twitter caught Elon out holding a bag of $44B controversy. I’ve been in the tech game long enough to know that Twitter is the little Blue Bird that got away…from SteveJobs. So understandably there’s trophy hunting motivation in chasing TWIT. Bragging rights in doing what SJ envisioned with it and an opportunity to detangle the platform‘s inherent friction as a ripe fruit waiting to be picked.

Cybertruck mirrors everything in store for TWIT including a new platform, integration and a completely re-engineered structure to change what a Tweet can do. SO Cybertruck is a watch word for how EM has so eloquently captured mass consumers with its mass manufacturing. Its success spells just how much latitude Elon is afforded to capture a Blue Bird’s future.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Whoa, after a long absence I can see you are all still hopeful of Cybertruck in 2023.

Are you not watching business news, Elon the Chief Twit has a new distraction?:p:eek::sick::sleep::oops::p

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Does anyone here think that is going to happen. I don't. My guess is < 45k CTs sold and delivered to the public in 23'. I also think more then 1/2 the reservations will not follow through for various reasons. So Anyone with a tip 100k reservation has a shot next year. Just my opinion. (BTW I'm about 90k over all and I think 20k-ish for a CT3, but we really have no idea how the roll out is going to work.)
I didn't say what I believe will happen because what I believe is unimportant. I simply reminded everyone of what Tesla/Elon has said. You are free to invent any future you want. Tesla is shooting for a 5,000/week run rate on Model Ys at GA this year, and they started deliveries in April. It would take a pretty major increase in efficiency to ramp the Cybertruck to the same rate when starting 2 months later, but that is, in fact, what Tesla/Elon said from the get go.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Whoa, after a long absence I can see you are all still hopeful of Cybertruck in 2023.

Are you not watching business news, Elon the Chief Twit has a new distraction?:p:eek::sick::sleep::oops::p
Fortunately for us Elon Musk doesn't actually get onto the factory floor and build cars :)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Last time Elon made one he said 250k/year is the initial target. No reason that would have changed, that's the machines we're seeing heading to Austin.

That ‘article’ didn’t provide any new information. It was standard Teslarati click bait. Tesla has always said they intend to ramp to mass production by the end of 2023. I guess no one believed it? And, if so, why believe it now? Reuters should be ashamed.
Except it was Reuters that said they has the new confirmation, not Teslarati.

-Crissa

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
I didn't say what I believe will happen because what I believe is unimportant. I simply reminded everyone of what Tesla/Elon has said.
Except for that part where you said what our conclusion should be.
Simply reminding us what was said would be to offer the quote and then not offer an opinion of what we should take from the quote.

You are free to invent any future you want. Tesla is shooting for a 5,000/week run rate on Model Ys at GA this year, and they started deliveries in April. It would take a pretty major increase in efficiency to ramp the Cybertruck to the same rate when starting 2 months later, but that is, in fact, what Tesla/Elon said from the get go.
Yup and I'm just asking who thinks it will be done? Anyone here?

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Fortunately for us Elon Musk doesn't actually get onto the factory floor and build cars :)
Not too sure. Maybe not actually holding a wrench, but have you noticed why Tesla has high turn over of it's operations head (that's from an insider)?

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
have you noticed why Tesla has high turn over of it's operations head
Operations head at Tesla is that rare masochist who could’ve graduated from an elite 8 in Physics or McGill in Science but couldn’t pander to institutional bureaucracy and dropped out.

A job like Operations head is going to be the kind of test, daily, that feeds a dropout’s sense of accomplishment rather than nuture festering resentment. I can think of only one of those types I’ve met in a lifetime. They exist. Talented and driven comes with a mullet. LOL
Sponsored