Another Cybertruck has been shot up

cybertruckgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Saw this on X, a clip of Kick streamer AdinRoss, and a Cybertruck (supposedly Cyberbeast) that has bullet dings, and at least one penetrating hole. Obviously ignore the incredibly reckless behavior of shooting near someone's feet.

Looks like it may be the first Cybertruck to get shot up by a rifle caliber. Wondering if .223 / 5.56 would punch through both doors, guessing probably not. Turns out it was an MP5, shotgun, pistol, and an unknown longbarrel rifle.

Will look to see if there's more footage of what they did.

EDIT, made a video compiling a number of clips-

Sponsored

Last edited:

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Well, that took longer than I thought it would. Is this the first non-Tesla employee test?

OP
OP
cybertruckgg

cybertruckgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Well, that took longer than I thought it would. Is this the first non-Tesla employee test?
For sure, Adin is definitely not a Tesla employee. He does have connections to Dana White though, so I'm assuming Dana White is how he got his hands on one.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
Looks like it may be the first Cybertruck to get shot up by a rifle caliber. Wondering if .223 / 5.56 would punch through both doors, guessing probably not.
My guess from a lifetime of owning a lot of guns looks like guy in the video is carrying a .556 ar-15 in his right hand that he fires into the ground and a bolt action .308 in his left hand. Guessing based on magazine width of the right gun and lack of magazine on the left gun. (His right and left)

Last edited:

Derektsla

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
Looks fake. Probably firing blanks at his feet. Extremely stupid behavior otherwise. That being fake, everything else probably is too.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Saw this on X, a clip of Kick streamer AdinRoss, and a Cybertruck (supposedly Cyberbeast) that has bullet dings, and at least one penetrating hole. Obviously ignore the incredibly reckless behavior of shooting near someone's feet.

Looks like it may be the first Cybertruck to get shot up by a rifle caliber. Wondering if .223 / 5.56 would punch through both doors, guessing probably not.

Thatā€™s a good question. Considering only velocities: here they are from the Tesla test:

Glock 9mm, 115 grain 1100 f/ps
MP5-SD 9mm 115 grain 950 f/ps
12 ga M4 shotgun 00 buckshot f/ps not listed
Tommy gun .45 ACP 935 f/ps

A 55 grain 5.56 NATO AR-15 round shows a velocity of 2837 f/ps.

Source: https://ammo2u.com/5-56-nato-ballistics-charts/

Last edited:

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag

.223/5.56 round can penetrate 3mm steel, so going through 1 door panel is nothing but it will be hard to penetrate the second door panel.

OP
OP
cybertruckgg

cybertruckgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Just updated the OP with actual clips combined in a single video.

As mentioned by another poster they used almost entirely 9mm and 12ga. They did have penetration, especially in the driver side door where the steel actually cracked open and allowed the glass to get shot through. This was after a lot of repetitive shots in the same areas, and the area that cracked had been hit by 12ga buck just prior.

No 5.56/.223 or .308 that I saw were used against the truck. There was a longer barrel rifle shot at the truck once, but they didn't seem to identify it, and it did not penetrate.

Last edited:

OP
OP
cybertruckgg

cybertruckgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Agreed. I hope he's not allowed to buy another one.
Musk seems to have a really great relationship with Dana White of UFC, and if White is the one hooking up Adin Ross he'll probably be able to get anything he wants to be honest. Remember, Dana White was able to give away a Cyberbeast, and got one of the very first ones.

Adin in now an equity holder in Kick (a subsidiary of gambling site Stake), and has a net worth exceeding easily $50M without the equity. The Cybertruck is chump change to him at the end of the day, he was talking about buying a few more Cybertrucks recently.

Dana White on Adin Ross

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Itā€™s amazing what some people will do to get YT clicks. Iā€™m curious to the cost of new Cybertruck doors.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Agreed. I hope he's not allowed to buy another one.
I hope ā€˜one per customerā€™, minimally, is maintained, but I would prefer for Tesla to get realistic about giving preferential treatment to influencers or at least those with a track record like this person.